Friday, December 7, 2007

2007

The last twelve months can only be described as a roller-coaster ride. The highs have been absolutely brilliant, and the lows…. well lets just say they weren’t the happiest of times. No matter how long before you see it coming, when cancer takes away a loved one away, it hits home hard!

As cliché as it might sound…. I do feel a little stronger, further accomplished, a wee bit confident and a lot more resilient than I did a year ago.

This year I did a lot of what I love doing best… Traveling! Apart from several trips to Kenya and a bit of travel around South Africa, I made it to Malaysia (twice), Indonesia, UAE, UK, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Singapore and even India! From the food connoisseurs to the adrenaline junkies, this year, I went on some unforgettable holidays with incredible family and friends.
Hopefully, the next twelve months will also include loads of travel to far and distant lands with great company.

However, 2007 for me will always be the year when my two closest friends, DJ and Queen tied the knot with their respective fiancées/partners. Against the odds and at a fair expense (financial and non-financial), I managed to attend both weddings on different continents eleven months apart! The truth is that I would never have missed either wedding for the world.

The ceremonies were entirely different; however the emotions at the time were pretty similar. I was happy they had each found and married the one person in the world that they would spend the rest of their lives with and at the same time sad because I probably would not be able to command the same amount of time, attention and importance I used to.

DJ and Queen - I love you both very very much and as ‘disney’ as this might sound, I truly hope you both live happily ever after…… THE END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home