Thursday, August 23, 2007

St Francis

This is a looooong overdue blog entry. Entirely my fault… I’ve been a fat lazy asshole last couple of days. All I do in the evenings is eating and watching idiot box. You cannot begin to imagine the state of my apartment at the moment. I just hope the cleaner comes on the weekend otherwise I am royally fucked!

Margaret can down for her bi-annual mercy visit to Africa (…and yes we spent shit loads of money and took good care of her…) end of last month. Melanie and I dragged both Eagle and Margaret kicking and screaming to St. Francis Care Centre for their annual done-my-CSR-bit-now-give-me-a-fuck-load-of-bonus HIV/Aids visit.

Below is an extract from my politically correct submission for the monthly Community Roundup. Hopefully it should earn Eagle some clout with all the big boys and girls in group and me some brownie points which may be converted into future into increments/promotions; unlike those I get very so often from Casa:


“….centre was founded in 1992 by Father Stan Brennan OFM, a Franciscan priest, after he was deeply affected by the neglect and ostracisation of people affected or infected with HIV/AIDS. St Francis Care Centre has been supported by staff of RABA Bank since 2005. It provides a sanctuary for the terminally ill where they will be nursed in a professional and comfortable environment whilst their physical, spiritual, emotional and social needs are catered for with care and dedication.

The team went on to The Rainbow Cottage and Nursery where they distributed gift bags containing stationary, activity books & candy to over 30 abandoned or orphaned HIV infected children from birth to 7 years of age. The Rainbow Cottage was founded in 1996 and is run by a professional team of medical staff, teachers and a social worker who take care of the children to ensure their well being and the development of their full potential.

The hospice can accommodate 48 terminally ill HIV/AIDS adult patients. These patients are cared for by professional medical staff and also have the benefit of a comprehensive counseling service for themselves and their relatives. The team met a terminally ill HIV/AIDS infected person who had less than twenty-four hours to live….”

Yes, it does go on and on and on about how we were all touch by the experiance, what we contributed…. blah, blah, blah…. To be fair, Eagle did make an attempt to interact with patients/children and Margaret committed to donating some money on a regular basis to the centre.

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2007 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Casablanca said...

I'm proud of you for this (in a non-patronising way of course), even though you did it just to earn some brownie points. Muax =)

And as for the brownie points you've been accumulating from me, I thought you already redeemed them once ;)

 
At August 24, 2007 at 10:37 PM , Blogger Buzz said...

No matter how many times I redeem, the brownie points I've accumulated from you will never run out!

 
At August 26, 2007 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Casablanca said...

>>the brownie points I've accumulated from you will never run out!

OH. MI. GAWD.
Wishful thinking!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home