Sunday, December 9, 2007

Goal - The Movie

I just watched the most god-awfully painful hindi movie – Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal. Surprisingly, it has been a while. Now I am admittedly not a big footy fan, however I can appreciate a good/decent/moderately OK cinematic creation when I see one. I even considered leaving during the intermission, but that would have been rude since I came with Snap, Crackle and Pop.
Now it is pretty much your normal sports-themed bollywood movie with some cheesy dialogues and random songs and there are no second guess about how it ends; but what I hated most about it is that every white British (including the ref in the final match) is portrayed as a racist bastard and every Indian, Pakistani, Bengali etc. living in the UK as an oppressed second grade citizen!

I guess you do whatever you have to draw in and entertain the Indian public. My recommendation, whatever it maybe worth, save your money!!! Wait till its on TV and Tivo/PVR/Sky Plus it and watch it when you are very very bored at 2am on a Sunday morning!

1 Comments:

At December 9, 2007 at 1:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

pole boss...shit happens with movies man...remember saawriya..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home