Thursday, January 10, 2008

Planning

I’ve been spending a lot of time planning my Easter holiday (which I am really looking forward to!) surfing the web, calling/visiting travel agents, emailing for quote/discounts etc. I’ve even taken the week before Easter weekend off so that we have enough time to go to the coast as well as cover one of the other neighboring countries. The plan at the moment is two nights on Inhaca Island, one night in Maputo, three nights in Cape Town and the rest of the time spent taking Stitch and his mate around Jozi :)

I have this feeling that all my efforts are going to be wasted. I don’t know why but I am pretty certain that Stitch is going to call and cancel…. And that would be a real bummer! Especially since I am not expecting to be around too much longer :(

If Stitch backs out, I might still be able to salvage the holiday if I can convince Liam to drive down to the coast for the weekend. Don’t think Dopey will be able to make it since he has family commitments, but I guess I’ll ask again.

This year I want to travel around South India. Twf is quite keen although I am not too sure if I want to send two/three weeks touring India with him after Indonesian experience couple of years ago. He is a great guy and all, but can get anal at times and when you’re traveling together, it becomes difficult to get away for some me-time.

Shit… I just realized I’ve been ranting on and on about my holiday plans for the year. I guess I will leave you with some details on Inhaca Island in Mozambique which I might not actually end up visiting….

Inhaca Island is a small-inhabited island, lying just 40 km (15 minutes by plane) off the Mozambican capital of Maputo and positioned at the entrance to Delagoa Bay. The Island is a great destination for anyone who wants to enjoy the relaxed rhythms of a small, semitropical, Indian Ocean island.

On the fringe of the tropics, it is rich in breathtaking beaches, coral reefs and exotic marine life, offering amazing scuba diving sites and big-game fishing.Situated on the beach front, amongst coconut palm groves and luxuriant tropical vegetation, Pestana Inhaca Lodge is famous for its wonderful gardens, its warm hospitality and fabulous sea food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home